Posted September 4th, 2012
Texas Capital Takes Water Conservation Seriously as Drought Lingers On
- Hose-end irrigation may take place between midnight and 10 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
- Automatic irrigation systems may operate between midnight and 5 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
- Please reduce system run times to fit within this schedule.
- Please ensure that your system has a working rain sensor, or operate the system manually when rain is forecasted.
- Watering with a hand-held hose or bucket is allowed at any time on any day of the week.
- Drip irrigation is exempt from the schedule, due to increased efficiency.
- To water trees, soaker hoses may be used under the drip-line of the tree canopy or you may use your automatic tree bubblers. Irrigating trees in this manner is exempt from the watering schedule
- Washing vehicles at home is prohibited. If you need to wash a vehicle, you may do so at a commercial carwash facility.
- Charity car washes are prohibited
- Fountains with either a fall or spray of water greater than four inches are prohibited; unless necessary to preserve aquatic life.
- Restaurants may not serve water unless requested by a customer
- Commercial properties (including restaurants and bars) may only operate patio misters between 4 p.m. and midnight.